Quote from "Stepping Heavenward" by Mrs. E. Prentiss

"She says I shall now have one mouth more to fill and two feet the more to shoe, more disturbed nights, more laborious days, and less leisure or visiting, reading, music and drawing.

Well! This is one side of the story, to be sure, but I look at the other.

Here is a sweet, fragrant mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery. Here is a soul to train for God; and the body in which dwells is worthy of all it will cost, since it is the abode of a kingly tenant. I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all, to whom, while I minister in Christ's name, I make a willing sacrifice of what little leisure for my own recreation my other dear darlings had left me. Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to her time, her strength, her health, her tenderest cares, to her lifelong prayers! Oh, how rich I am, how truly, wondrously blest!"

Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Four More Days - Last minute things

We are wrapping up loose ends prepping for our big trip.  To say we are ecstatic is an understatement!    I've been working extra hours at work to make sure I'm leaving things all caught up although I plan to work evenings when I can so I don't return to an overwhelming amount of work.   I really enjoy what I do, so I don't really mind winding down that way in the evenings.    I've checked all my lists, and checked them twice.    This last week I had things we had to check off like the following:

      *  Practice run with the generator

      *  Test run with the tire gauge/pump

      * Got the bit in for my impact driver to test run on the scissor jacks

      * Bear training:   What do if we encounter black bears, brown bears, etc.   

And tomorrow, I want to practice one more time how to do the gray & black water necessaries.

Emily & Praise took my sketches this week and designed my logo for our travel itineraries.   I love it and am so pleased with how it turned out.   After years of friends and family asking me to sell them, I finally began listing them on Etsy.  You can find them here by week's end.  

The picture you'll find on etsy
 for our Great American Road Trip


It's nearly midnight and I still haven't done my duolingo (can't lose the streak, lol)!   So goodnight to all and I'm so excited you guys are going to join us on our travels.  I especially appreciate all that have said they'd pray for our safety.      Bon nuit, Michelle


No comments:

My Favorites

Quote from Jim Elliott

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. (His thoughts on Luke 16:9)

music


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com