Quote from "Stepping Heavenward" by Mrs. E. Prentiss

"She says I shall now have one mouth more to fill and two feet the more to shoe, more disturbed nights, more laborious days, and less leisure or visiting, reading, music and drawing.

Well! This is one side of the story, to be sure, but I look at the other.

Here is a sweet, fragrant mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery. Here is a soul to train for God; and the body in which dwells is worthy of all it will cost, since it is the abode of a kingly tenant. I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all, to whom, while I minister in Christ's name, I make a willing sacrifice of what little leisure for my own recreation my other dear darlings had left me. Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to her time, her strength, her health, her tenderest cares, to her lifelong prayers! Oh, how rich I am, how truly, wondrously blest!"

Monday, October 10, 2011

One door closes....and another opens

I've managed a warehouse for a missionary for about the last 5 years.  It's been a great blessing for our family to work together.  However, the business is closing this month.  It wasn't a total surprise as just a few years ago we were shipping sometimes 500 books a week and now we were shipping maybe 20.  It was a great provision from the Lord when we needed it.  As I was praying about what our new season would look like and knowing finances were going to be difficult if my husband didn't get cabinet jobs, I was sure of God's provision again.  In a very short time, we were given the opportunity of taking over the home school consignment store in the Augusta area.  Although it has made October very difficult with closing down a warehouse and starting a new business at the same time, (not to mention home schooling, teaching high school classes in our co-op...and would you believe my family still wanted to eat and wear clean clothes!!)  it's been exciting too.  I began a face book group "Big Happy Family Books" and will try to list books as they come in the store to keep folks abreast of what is available.  Although these are very uncertain times in our economy, I'm optimistic about our new direction.  Hoping to do a better job posting on this blog, along with my cooking and saving money blogs since we will be home more.  Thank you Lord for your provision!

No comments:

My Favorites

Quote from Jim Elliott

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. (His thoughts on Luke 16:9)

music


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com