Quote from "Stepping Heavenward" by Mrs. E. Prentiss

"She says I shall now have one mouth more to fill and two feet the more to shoe, more disturbed nights, more laborious days, and less leisure or visiting, reading, music and drawing.

Well! This is one side of the story, to be sure, but I look at the other.

Here is a sweet, fragrant mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery. Here is a soul to train for God; and the body in which dwells is worthy of all it will cost, since it is the abode of a kingly tenant. I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all, to whom, while I minister in Christ's name, I make a willing sacrifice of what little leisure for my own recreation my other dear darlings had left me. Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to her time, her strength, her health, her tenderest cares, to her lifelong prayers! Oh, how rich I am, how truly, wondrously blest!"

Monday, February 20, 2012

Fried, Southern Fried

That's me.  My last day of chemo was Thursday and my bag was removed Friday.   My white blood count levels were almost double and I was so very excited that they were finally in the normal range even if it was the low side of normal.   My home school Classical Conversations community put on a spaghetti supper for us Friday night and I decided to go.    We were so blessed and overwhelmed with such generous support that I'll never be able to thank folks enough for their kindness and love shown to us.

Saturday I began running a fever and have been battling fevers ever since.   Today was my last radiation appointment and I really thought that I would begin feeling like me again even if it was slowly, but honestly I've been more tired and weak.   The chemo doctor said for me to make an appointment with my gynecologist at my visit Friday and the radiation doctor concurred today when I explained some issues I was having (extra bleeding & pain).    For those who may find my appointment with the gynecologist as  TMI, please stop here and pray for healing and infection to be gone.  For the brave, basically my female parts seem to be "cooked" from the radiation used to treat my colorectal cancer.   My bleeding is from being "cooked" like a bad sun burn and the tissues just peeling away.  In fact, I shouldn't have, but I listened in to the doctor telling the compound pharmacist that "it's just horrible!!"  Yikes!  It may have also affected my urinary tract.  

To say I wasn't a bit discouraged finding out I wasn't on the road to being healthy quickly, would be quite an understatement.  I'm not sure if I felt sad due to my hormones being disrupted too or just the fact that my iron is lower, my wbc count was lower, and I just feel puny.   However, I'm going to encourage myself that the Lord assured me He will see me through this and that I have some great prayer warriors lifting me and my family up. 

No comments:

My Favorites

Quote from Jim Elliott

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. (His thoughts on Luke 16:9)

music


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com