Quote from "Stepping Heavenward" by Mrs. E. Prentiss

"She says I shall now have one mouth more to fill and two feet the more to shoe, more disturbed nights, more laborious days, and less leisure or visiting, reading, music and drawing.

Well! This is one side of the story, to be sure, but I look at the other.

Here is a sweet, fragrant mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery. Here is a soul to train for God; and the body in which dwells is worthy of all it will cost, since it is the abode of a kingly tenant. I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all, to whom, while I minister in Christ's name, I make a willing sacrifice of what little leisure for my own recreation my other dear darlings had left me. Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to her time, her strength, her health, her tenderest cares, to her lifelong prayers! Oh, how rich I am, how truly, wondrously blest!"

Sunday, January 1, 2012

When it Rains, It Pours

In the last two weeks, I have found out I have cancer and  my life will be radically changing for the next 6 months barring a miracle.  After this great news, our refrigerator begins  a quick death.   Today on the way to church our "Service Engine Soon" light comes on and stays on.  Then tonight, because things haven't been stressful enough on my poor husband, my boys had done their very few legal fireworks because they fell asleep too early last night.  When finished, one of my sons put the firework trash next to the trash can.  I'm in bed already because I am super tired this evening and another son runs in to say "Mom, the house is on fire!".   I run out and the huge green trash can is burnt to the ground the eaves on that side of the house is peeled back and the wood is burnt or gone.   The fire men show up and need to get into the attic to be sure it is totally out and have no chance of it relighting.    To say I had a great reaction to this ONE MORE THING would be a lie. Immediately, I am overwhelmed and burdened feeling like I am in a huge spiritual battle and growing very weary.


About the point of having a total meltdown, I am reminded that 1)  The Lord is with me and will not leave me during my physical battle.  2) Once I admitted my need for a refrigerator, the Lord provided me one through another Christian family.   3)  When I went to O'Reilly's after church today, they believe it's just a spark plug that needs to be fixed on the truck.  4)  A similar incident happened up north with fireplace ashes set next to trash can and five people were killed in that fire.   Praise God our house is nothing compared to the lives that live within it. 

Psalm 42:5-6  
Why are you cast down, O my soul,
   and why are you in turmoil within me?
Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,
   my salvation and my God. 

The cure for this emotional setback is to praise Jesus.   Praise Him for being my provider.   Praise Him for being my healer.  Praise Him for He is Wonderful, Counselor, Prince of Peace, Mighty God!!   Let everything within me praise His holy name.

No comments:

My Favorites

Quote from Jim Elliott

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. (His thoughts on Luke 16:9)

music


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com