Quote from "Stepping Heavenward" by Mrs. E. Prentiss

"She says I shall now have one mouth more to fill and two feet the more to shoe, more disturbed nights, more laborious days, and less leisure or visiting, reading, music and drawing.

Well! This is one side of the story, to be sure, but I look at the other.

Here is a sweet, fragrant mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery. Here is a soul to train for God; and the body in which dwells is worthy of all it will cost, since it is the abode of a kingly tenant. I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all, to whom, while I minister in Christ's name, I make a willing sacrifice of what little leisure for my own recreation my other dear darlings had left me. Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to her time, her strength, her health, her tenderest cares, to her lifelong prayers! Oh, how rich I am, how truly, wondrously blest!"

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Cat Scan Thursday....Results pending

Waiting is so hard.  You would think of a year of interruptions (chemo appointments, radiation appointments, more chemo appointments) that I would be more patient.   My cat scan was Thursday and I really wanted the results right then.   Oh well, a few more days and we will hopefully find out I am cancer free!   Woo hoo.  

So what will be different?   Facing death I realized that although I had total peace if I was to meet my Maker there are still many areas in my life I would like to improve.   Improve because it will get me into heaven?   NO!    Jesus already made a way for me by calling me to Himself and me answering "YES Lord!"   But I want to be a better wife, mom, daughter, sister, teacher, niece, Christian than I have been.   I want to be a better steward of my time and money.   I want to laugh even more, give more, stress less, work on being more organized while juggling all my responsibilities.   I want to be more like Jesus and leave this world a better place because of His great love for us.   I want to point to Him more and me less by considering my motives in all the things I do.   I want to be more thankful, because I have been given much.  

Stay tuned, I will hopefully posting good news Tuesday.   Hope you are all enjoying this beautiful fall day.    We are LOVING this weather...open windows, fresh breezes, sunny skies, and starry nights.

For All The Blessings Of The Year Hymn

For all the blessings of the year,
For all the friends we hold so dear,
For peace on earth, both far and near,
We thank Thee, Lord.

For life and health, those common things,
Which every day and hour brings,
For home, where our affection clings,
We thank Thee, Lord.

For love of Thine, which never tires,
Which all our better thought inspires,
And warms our lives with heavenly fires,
We thank Thee, Lord.

No comments:

My Favorites

Quote from Jim Elliott

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. (His thoughts on Luke 16:9)

music


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com