Quote from "Stepping Heavenward" by Mrs. E. Prentiss

"She says I shall now have one mouth more to fill and two feet the more to shoe, more disturbed nights, more laborious days, and less leisure or visiting, reading, music and drawing.

Well! This is one side of the story, to be sure, but I look at the other.

Here is a sweet, fragrant mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery. Here is a soul to train for God; and the body in which dwells is worthy of all it will cost, since it is the abode of a kingly tenant. I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all, to whom, while I minister in Christ's name, I make a willing sacrifice of what little leisure for my own recreation my other dear darlings had left me. Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to her time, her strength, her health, her tenderest cares, to her lifelong prayers! Oh, how rich I am, how truly, wondrously blest!"

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Chemo is Over

Thank you all for the prayers and support as I went through chemo and radiation, then surgery, then another round of chemo.   Praise Jesus, I am finally finished.  In a few weeks, I will have another blood test to be sure I am on the right track on healing and prayerfully nothing indicating the cancer is returning.   I removed our donate information off our blog because Rusty has gotten a few side jobs and I believe we can have our medical bills paid off in a few months along with (hopefully) a new dishwasher since it bit the dust this week.  Appliances sure don't last around here.   I am about ready to go Amish on my family so I can quit throwing money at Lowe's!   Anyhow, I'll find out at the end of this month when I will have surgery again.   They will do a scan in December to see if I am cancer free and prayerfully I will begin 2013 healed and healthy.   I can't wait, because I am tired of being soooo tired and ready to be a better wife and mom.  

Please pray for a young man, friend of our family, Sam Simms.   He is battling nonHodkins lymphoma and is having a tough time in his battle.    Pray for his mouth to heal, his fever to disappear, his strength to return, and the cancer to be gone in the mighty name of Jesus!   Pray his parents will feel the strength of the Lord and that His peace will fill their hearts.

I finished a great study on James and am now doing a woman's study on Sunday mornings.  James has always been one of my favorite books even if Martin Luther didn't like it.   "Fresh Encounters" by Blackaby has been our study on Wednesday evenings.    Fresh Encounters will challenge you with your relationship to the Lord, will make you desire more holiness in your life to please the Lord, and will make you desire to pray for revival in your life, your family, your city, your state, your nation, and the world.   It's great and challenging.   Our home school group's family book club has been reading Lamplighter's "Hidden Hand" this month which I cannot recommend enough.   You can read it free on your Amazon kindle app or order through Lamplighter Publishing.   The other book study is through a facebook group reading "Bonhoffer, Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy".   This is another great read that I can hardly keep from reading ahead on each week.   

What else has been on my heart these days? Praying for the election, praying for our marriages to be strengthened and for friends who recently were divorced, praying how to raise our children to be in the world and not of the world (Romans 12:2), praying for the Lord to revive my own heart to walk closer to Him, praying for help to home school our children well, and praying for friends to be cancer free like me.    Also, praying for some great friends who are working on adopting 3 beautiful girls from the Congo.   If you feel led, please check them out here and consider giving and/or praying for this sweet family.

Thanks for stopping by.   Come visit again and if I can pray for you, please let me know.    Good night!








No comments:

My Favorites

Quote from Jim Elliott

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. (His thoughts on Luke 16:9)

music


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com