Quote from "Stepping Heavenward" by Mrs. E. Prentiss

"She says I shall now have one mouth more to fill and two feet the more to shoe, more disturbed nights, more laborious days, and less leisure or visiting, reading, music and drawing.

Well! This is one side of the story, to be sure, but I look at the other.

Here is a sweet, fragrant mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery. Here is a soul to train for God; and the body in which dwells is worthy of all it will cost, since it is the abode of a kingly tenant. I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all, to whom, while I minister in Christ's name, I make a willing sacrifice of what little leisure for my own recreation my other dear darlings had left me. Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to her time, her strength, her health, her tenderest cares, to her lifelong prayers! Oh, how rich I am, how truly, wondrously blest!"

Monday, May 21, 2012

Chemo Postponed

Planned on spending four hours in chemo today.    Went to appointment and the Dr. basically reviewed the same information as last time about what was going to happen this time.   He warned me of the side effects I should watch for while on these lovely poisons.    My Aunt & I acted surprised because I was supposed to begin the treatments today, but I couldn't bring myself to insist on starting even if it cost me the $50 copay.    Then we went to my surgeon to see if he could help me out with some skin issues I am having due to the ostomy.    When our appointment was completed, he asked when I was scheduled next and I told him next Thursday.   He said I could hold off for another month and I nearly began dancing in his office because the next appointment included him taking a peek in the "EXIT ONLY" area.  In fact, when I made the appointment I told the office secretary that I couldn't believe I was asking for another appointment where I would feel violated and that I was even more bothered that I knew she'd ask me to pay for it when it was over.   We laughed.  

My aunt then took me shopping for some needs the children have in the shoe and clothing department.  Then she spoiled me and got me some comfortable pajamas for when the fun begins in a few weeks.    We had a great afternoon together and the children were so thankful for the items they received.   I've been amazed at how the Lord has met our needs even without us asking.   We had someone show up at our door today with laundry detergent and a dryer ball.  When I think about the many needs we have, I can get overwhelmed.   However, when I focus on what the Lord says in Matthew 6:34:  “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble" I can take a deep breath and truly just rest in Him for today.   Such a great reminder no matter what we are facing in life.  I'm closing today with thankfulness to the Lord for His goodness, His provision, and His healing touch in my life.    Thanking Him for using me to touch others for Him.   May His light shine.

No comments:

My Favorites

Quote from Jim Elliott

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. (His thoughts on Luke 16:9)

music


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com