Quote from "Stepping Heavenward" by Mrs. E. Prentiss

"She says I shall now have one mouth more to fill and two feet the more to shoe, more disturbed nights, more laborious days, and less leisure or visiting, reading, music and drawing.

Well! This is one side of the story, to be sure, but I look at the other.

Here is a sweet, fragrant mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery. Here is a soul to train for God; and the body in which dwells is worthy of all it will cost, since it is the abode of a kingly tenant. I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all, to whom, while I minister in Christ's name, I make a willing sacrifice of what little leisure for my own recreation my other dear darlings had left me. Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to her time, her strength, her health, her tenderest cares, to her lifelong prayers! Oh, how rich I am, how truly, wondrously blest!"

Monday, April 23, 2012

Stinkystomaphobia

That is the name I've given to my condition that I will require home health care for until my ostomy is reversed in October.   I was advised that as soon as I can drive they will no longer need to come.   I told them I won't drive until October.   I was serious.   I didn't see that I'd ever get use to this new attachment to my body.  However, I have found that I'm able to deal with my bag without gagging these days.   Vick's vapor rub for my nose was a wonderful idea from a friend.   I haven't even needed it in the last few days.   I also am less disgusted each day and have settled in more to this is how life is.   Thanks to answered prayer I am now able to sleep through the night and tonight I'm going to try not to sleep in the chair but in the bed for the first night since surgery.  



What has the Lord been teaching me these days?   
  • That in all things He is good.   IN ALL THINGS!   
  • That he has blessed me with the best of husbands that has served me over and abundantly well in these hard times.   
  • That the Lord will never leave me nor forsake me....even when I was too tired to read His Word, too tired to Praise His name, too weak to thank Him.

No comments:

My Favorites

Quote from Jim Elliott

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. (His thoughts on Luke 16:9)

music


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com