Quote from "Stepping Heavenward" by Mrs. E. Prentiss

"She says I shall now have one mouth more to fill and two feet the more to shoe, more disturbed nights, more laborious days, and less leisure or visiting, reading, music and drawing.

Well! This is one side of the story, to be sure, but I look at the other.

Here is a sweet, fragrant mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery. Here is a soul to train for God; and the body in which dwells is worthy of all it will cost, since it is the abode of a kingly tenant. I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all, to whom, while I minister in Christ's name, I make a willing sacrifice of what little leisure for my own recreation my other dear darlings had left me. Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to her time, her strength, her health, her tenderest cares, to her lifelong prayers! Oh, how rich I am, how truly, wondrously blest!"

Thursday, April 26, 2012

My New Ring Tone

I've had my older kiddos roll their eyes and my younger guys laugh the past week and a half when they heard their Daddy call my phone.   My phone says who is calling when you call me.   Before I changed it, when my husband called you would hear  a mechanical sounding woman's voice say "call from baby's daddy, call from baby's daddy".   Well, we had received plenty of giggles over that.  Not exactly what you expect from a 45 year old white girl with 8 kiddos all from the same daddy.   He has earned a new name on my phone.   If you call me now, you'd hear "call from my hero prince charming, call from my hero prince charming."   He has always taken great care of me, but having to take care of me after this last surgery along with helping me adapt to an ostomy bag.   (Translation....he really had to deal with my crap!)   He slept on the couch for the past week and a half that I've been home to take care of me because I couldn't sleep in the bed.  In fact, I've slept in the chair that he bought me the day I got home because I hurt too bad to lay flat.   Last night was my first night in the bed.   Still not easy but getting better.   I'm so thankful to the Lord for this wonderful husband.   We've been together since 1982.   We've seen really good times, and really hard times.   We've been blessed to birth eight beautiful babies.   We've cried together over five babies who didn't make it.   He's taken care of me when I've been too sick to function while pregnant or from chemo and radiation.   He truly is a blessing to me and our children.   Thanking the Lord tonight for my hero, prince charming, Rusty.

"Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, 
and gave Himself for it;" 
Ephesians 5:25
  
Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.
I Peter 3:7

No comments:

My Favorites

Quote from Jim Elliott

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. (His thoughts on Luke 16:9)

music


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com