Quote from "Stepping Heavenward" by Mrs. E. Prentiss

"She says I shall now have one mouth more to fill and two feet the more to shoe, more disturbed nights, more laborious days, and less leisure or visiting, reading, music and drawing.

Well! This is one side of the story, to be sure, but I look at the other.

Here is a sweet, fragrant mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery. Here is a soul to train for God; and the body in which dwells is worthy of all it will cost, since it is the abode of a kingly tenant. I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all, to whom, while I minister in Christ's name, I make a willing sacrifice of what little leisure for my own recreation my other dear darlings had left me. Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to her time, her strength, her health, her tenderest cares, to her lifelong prayers! Oh, how rich I am, how truly, wondrously blest!"

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Top 6 Countdodwn of What I may Hear from the Doctor Today

I head to the doctor to hear how serious things are and how we are going to proceed with this mass they found in me.   Bu my goofy sense of humor came up with at 3:30 this morning a top 6 countdown of what I may hear from the doctor today.  
6) You can't blame your weight on this mass. 
5) When your husband said you were full of it, well, you were.
4) This surgery is going to be a royal pain in your behind. 

3) You are at least "healthy" enough weight wise that you won't get too thin no matter what treatment we decide. 
2) You can use this as an excuse of why you cannot go to your friend's child's birthday party on a rainy Saturday in Chuckie Cheese. and last but not least 
1) You cannot make a sad countenance every time you are losing a game just so you'll be felt sorry for and they will let you win.


Ahh, laughter is good medicine.   Even made Rusty smile this morning as we head out in the cold, rain that would seem to be the perfect setting for dark news but.....Christ.

No comments:

My Favorites

Quote from Jim Elliott

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. (His thoughts on Luke 16:9)

music


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com