Quote from "Stepping Heavenward" by Mrs. E. Prentiss

"She says I shall now have one mouth more to fill and two feet the more to shoe, more disturbed nights, more laborious days, and less leisure or visiting, reading, music and drawing.

Well! This is one side of the story, to be sure, but I look at the other.

Here is a sweet, fragrant mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery. Here is a soul to train for God; and the body in which dwells is worthy of all it will cost, since it is the abode of a kingly tenant. I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all, to whom, while I minister in Christ's name, I make a willing sacrifice of what little leisure for my own recreation my other dear darlings had left me. Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to her time, her strength, her health, her tenderest cares, to her lifelong prayers! Oh, how rich I am, how truly, wondrously blest!"

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Training our Children

http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww91/GleaningtheHarvest/sons/pr2617.png

Training our children is such an important part of motherhood. It's so easy to get too busy in your day that we don't stop to "teach" them how to behave, how to respond to irritations, how to be thankful and more. It takes time out of an already overloaded schedule but they are one of our major priorities. It's such an awesome responsibility that we must seek the wisdom of the Lord for each child in order to meet the needs of these wee ones He graciously blessed us with. It's a blessing if you have like-minded friends who you can share your mothering experiences with. The greatest gift I had as a new mom was a fabulous home school group whom I gleaned so much wisdom from. I was young and amazed at their children and it just made me want to rub shoulders with them so I could learn how to be the mom the Lord desired me to be. I'm still a work in progress and praise God He hasn't given up on me yet.  Let's encourage one another in the Lord as mothers who are training an army for His Glory.

No comments:

My Favorites

Quote from Jim Elliott

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. (His thoughts on Luke 16:9)

music


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com