Quote from "Stepping Heavenward" by Mrs. E. Prentiss

"She says I shall now have one mouth more to fill and two feet the more to shoe, more disturbed nights, more laborious days, and less leisure or visiting, reading, music and drawing.

Well! This is one side of the story, to be sure, but I look at the other.

Here is a sweet, fragrant mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery. Here is a soul to train for God; and the body in which dwells is worthy of all it will cost, since it is the abode of a kingly tenant. I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all, to whom, while I minister in Christ's name, I make a willing sacrifice of what little leisure for my own recreation my other dear darlings had left me. Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to her time, her strength, her health, her tenderest cares, to her lifelong prayers! Oh, how rich I am, how truly, wondrously blest!"

Monday, February 7, 2011

Birthdays are in the Air

February is birthday month at our home.  This year is especially a big month.  2 boys turning 16 and 18!!  Our baby turns 2 and our smallest princess turns 6.  I am truly getting old because I keep saying, "Where does the time go?".    Seems like just yesterday I had 3 children 4 and under, then soon after 4 children 6 and under.  Now all but two are in double digits.  Everybody gets to be queen or king for the day, and do absolutely no chores or school, and they pick their meals and their cake for their day.  Our two year old, obviously, was very easy this year because he was just happy to have cake.  Today is our 16 year old's birthday and he wanted hot dogs and eggs for breakfast.  Yep, we never had that before but he enjoys it as his friend's family's house when he visits so we tried it for him.  It won't be on our menu again probably but the kiddos liked it for his special occasion.  Then for lunch he wanted homemade burgers with the works.  They were scrumptious.  He chose a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting for his cake.  Dinner he wants homemade Salisbury steak with macaroni and cheese and we'll have salad.  Lots more meat than we usually have in a day but it's his day. 

Had lots of "help" with the cake so you won't appreciate the creativity in using 16 candles + 1 to grow on if you just saw the cake without a little "disclaimer", lol.  Happy Birthday Nicholas!!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Haha this is a great post!!

My Favorites

Quote from Jim Elliott

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. (His thoughts on Luke 16:9)

music


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com