Quote from "Stepping Heavenward" by Mrs. E. Prentiss

"She says I shall now have one mouth more to fill and two feet the more to shoe, more disturbed nights, more laborious days, and less leisure or visiting, reading, music and drawing.

Well! This is one side of the story, to be sure, but I look at the other.

Here is a sweet, fragrant mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery. Here is a soul to train for God; and the body in which dwells is worthy of all it will cost, since it is the abode of a kingly tenant. I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all, to whom, while I minister in Christ's name, I make a willing sacrifice of what little leisure for my own recreation my other dear darlings had left me. Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to her time, her strength, her health, her tenderest cares, to her lifelong prayers! Oh, how rich I am, how truly, wondrously blest!"

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Lots of New Stuff

If I wrote each day as much as I'd like, my family would never eat!!  This is a quick update because I have to go throw dinner in the crock pot.  However, I started a new blog on my recipes because folks ask for them quite a bit.  Just go to Now Michelle's Cooking on my links and voila, you are there.  I'll add recipes as often as I can.  I have a few friends who have asked me to post what I cook every day so this is a way I can post it without driving my other facebook friends crazy :).

Also, if you don't mind and are going to order a book from Amazon anyway, please order through my blog site and it will earn me some school money for the kiddos.  Thanks so much!  Lastly, I'll be adding another blog hopefully titled Now Michelle's Saving Money.  I have a  lot of folks wonder how a family of 9 (my oldest is married so only 7 are at  home) that also watches 2 grandchildren during the week can eat on $600-$1000 a month (which includes toiletries, etc.) so I'll tell you the things I've learned on this great big family adventure.  The higher months are when I'm restocking my bulk supplies :). 


P.S.  The picture above is what my butter pecan cake ended up looking like.  My littlest fella got into the frosting while I let the cake cool.  He had a great time and I had little frosting left.  We improvised with leftover chocolate frosting from my children's cupcakes for Christmas and went light on the edges.  This little fella just makes me laugh which is much better than pulling my hair out.

No comments:

My Favorites

Quote from Jim Elliott

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. (His thoughts on Luke 16:9)

music


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com