Quote from "Stepping Heavenward" by Mrs. E. Prentiss

"She says I shall now have one mouth more to fill and two feet the more to shoe, more disturbed nights, more laborious days, and less leisure or visiting, reading, music and drawing.

Well! This is one side of the story, to be sure, but I look at the other.

Here is a sweet, fragrant mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery. Here is a soul to train for God; and the body in which dwells is worthy of all it will cost, since it is the abode of a kingly tenant. I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all, to whom, while I minister in Christ's name, I make a willing sacrifice of what little leisure for my own recreation my other dear darlings had left me. Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to her time, her strength, her health, her tenderest cares, to her lifelong prayers! Oh, how rich I am, how truly, wondrously blest!"

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Our Annual Christmas Letter

2009 Christmas Letter

I Peter 1:2-4: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you.

What a fast and furious year! Seems like we just brought Christopher home from the hospital and yet like he’s been with us always. We began our year with a big, happy baby boy Christopher birthed 2/2 at 8# 14-1/2 oz. Before I knew it, spring break was upon us. Blinked again and summer was here and we spent vacation with the family at Suzanne’s on Sunset Beach. It was a blast!! Turned around and we were back working away in school. We now have 2 high schoolers, John Russell and Nicholas. Timothy, Praise, Michael and Emily are in the home school co-op, Classical Conversations. This year’s rotation is in Ancient History. We’re learning a lot and I’m enjoying teaching on Tuesdays also. Now fall is upon us. As the trees and plants change into their full fall array, I think upon the year and of the many changes our family has gone through. With the economy’s downfall, Rusty is working full-time now for the Richmond County Sheriff’s Dept. as a deputy jailer. He enjoys his work processing folks into the “government hotel”. I’m still running the book warehouse for Nigel, a missionary on assignment in a big city in Canada. Although, I LOVED my position over the children’s ministry at Grace, I’ve taken a break for a season. It was such a blessing to be given the privilege of pouring into children the love of our Savior Jesus! Our family has been blessed with so many great friends, old and new. I’m overwhelmed with the generosity of our great God who would bless me with a joy-filled home full of happy and healthy children, a devoted dad, a happily married daughter and 2 precious grandchildren and so much more than I ever dreamed or deserve.

Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Psalm 127:3

My prayer for each of you would be to know the love and joy that I have found in Jesus. Many blessings to you all for a full and wonderful year. May each day be filled to the brim with Life and that you will walk in the freedom, grace, joy and love that Christ died to give you.

Merry Christmas,

Michelle and Rusty
John Russell, Nicholas, Timothy, Praise, Michael, Emily & Christopher

No comments:

My Favorites

Quote from Jim Elliott

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. (His thoughts on Luke 16:9)

music


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com