Quote from "Stepping Heavenward" by Mrs. E. Prentiss

"She says I shall now have one mouth more to fill and two feet the more to shoe, more disturbed nights, more laborious days, and less leisure or visiting, reading, music and drawing.

Well! This is one side of the story, to be sure, but I look at the other.

Here is a sweet, fragrant mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery. Here is a soul to train for God; and the body in which dwells is worthy of all it will cost, since it is the abode of a kingly tenant. I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all, to whom, while I minister in Christ's name, I make a willing sacrifice of what little leisure for my own recreation my other dear darlings had left me. Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to her time, her strength, her health, her tenderest cares, to her lifelong prayers! Oh, how rich I am, how truly, wondrously blest!"

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Quote from Secure in the Everlasting Arms

Was reading Elizabeth Elliot's "Secure in the Everlasting Arms" at the doctor's office yesterday and found this great quote.

My goal is God Himself --- not joy, nor peace
Nor even blessing, but Himself, my God.
'Tis His to lead me there, not mine, but His --

"At any cost Lord, by any road!"
So faith bounds towards it's goal in God
and love can trust her Lord to lead her there;
Upheld by Him, my soul following hard,
'Til God has full fulfilled my deepest prayer.

No matter if the way be sometimes dark,
No matter that the cost be oft-times great,
He knoweth how I best shall reach the mark--
The way that leads to Him must needs be strait.

One thing I know; I cannot say Him nay;
One thing I do; I press towards my Lord:
My God my glory here from day to day,
And in the glory, there my Great Reward.
(source unknown)

No comments:

My Favorites

Quote from Jim Elliott

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. (His thoughts on Luke 16:9)

music


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com