Quote from "Stepping Heavenward" by Mrs. E. Prentiss

"She says I shall now have one mouth more to fill and two feet the more to shoe, more disturbed nights, more laborious days, and less leisure or visiting, reading, music and drawing.

Well! This is one side of the story, to be sure, but I look at the other.

Here is a sweet, fragrant mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery. Here is a soul to train for God; and the body in which dwells is worthy of all it will cost, since it is the abode of a kingly tenant. I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all, to whom, while I minister in Christ's name, I make a willing sacrifice of what little leisure for my own recreation my other dear darlings had left me. Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to her time, her strength, her health, her tenderest cares, to her lifelong prayers! Oh, how rich I am, how truly, wondrously blest!"

Monday, July 21, 2008

Edge of Eternity

Finished Randy Alcorn's Edge of Eternity on our beach trip. GREAT BOOK!! Gives a neat perspective on life and how we effect the now for eternity and in the spiritual. Definitely a recommended book.

Had a fabulous time with family at the beach. I always wished I was a consistent journaler that wrote down all the great things we do as a family, the funny things the children say, the "special times" in life that the Lord touches and more. But as much as I love to write, it's a discipline I have not mastered. Same idea with pictures. I thought as a young mom I could "NEVER" forget some of the great faces the children make or those beautiful "moments" would always last in my mind's eye but I remember far less than I'd like.

I guess my prayer now as a mom is that although I've had "ENORMOUS" goals that I've not even come close to accomplishing, I hope the Lord will use me to make good deposits in my children that will benefit them and their relationships with the Lord. I pray He'll fill all the gaps I leave with good and holy things. That the things I mess up, He'll reveal to me that I can make "right" with my children before they leave home and that I'll have ears to hear Him. That my children will be able to overlook all our flaws and see Jesus in our home. And that in finding Him, they'll find purpose and passion for living EXTRAORDINARY HOPE-filled lives in Jesus.

No comments:

My Favorites

Quote from Jim Elliott

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. (His thoughts on Luke 16:9)

music


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com