Quote from "Stepping Heavenward" by Mrs. E. Prentiss

"She says I shall now have one mouth more to fill and two feet the more to shoe, more disturbed nights, more laborious days, and less leisure or visiting, reading, music and drawing.

Well! This is one side of the story, to be sure, but I look at the other.

Here is a sweet, fragrant mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery. Here is a soul to train for God; and the body in which dwells is worthy of all it will cost, since it is the abode of a kingly tenant. I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all, to whom, while I minister in Christ's name, I make a willing sacrifice of what little leisure for my own recreation my other dear darlings had left me. Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to her time, her strength, her health, her tenderest cares, to her lifelong prayers! Oh, how rich I am, how truly, wondrously blest!"

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Jamaica'n Me Run

A few months ago I was pondering a way the boys could make some money for their mission trip to Jamaica this summer.   A 5k came to mind, and I started asking lots of questions.   Next thing I know, I knew that was what we were supposed to do to help earn money for the mission trip.    After I came up with a name, we started lining things up and boy were we getting excited. 

The Beautiful Augusta Canal
Here's how we described it on the active.com website:
This Jamaican themed 5K walk/run will have fun Caribbean music, bright Jamaican colors, & a super friendly Island atmosphere with race volunteers cheering you on Jamaican style. You'll feel like you're running in the Islands of the Caribbean in the Spring on the beautiful Augusta Canal.   Bob Marley would even feel at home! Feel free to wear your bright Jamaican & Caribbean colors.

The proceeds for this 5K will go to help the Youth at Kiokee Church to go on mission to Jamaica this summer. The Youth will help provide for the poor in the St. Ann area with shoes & clothing as well as help build a community center and provide several backyard bible schools for the children of the area.
Beautiful Morning


The Lord truly blessed our efforts and we had a great first time turn out.   The weather was seasonably cool for May in GA and the humidity was low.   The rain even held out until the race was over.   I had lots of helping hands the day of the race that helped make everything go smooth and turn it into a great success.  
Registration
Our Jamaican Music Man
And They're Off!



First Place!



Grizzly was worn out!
We have tons more great pictures on our face book page titled Jamaica'n Me Run 5k Walk/Run.   Feel free to join the group.  They turned out great!   Please pray the Lord will bless the trip in July and that lives will be touched by the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  Thanks for all who supported us and we will do it again next year (Lord willing)!! 

The Team that Helped Make it a Great Success

No comments:

My Favorites

Quote from Jim Elliott

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. (His thoughts on Luke 16:9)

music


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com