Quote from "Stepping Heavenward" by Mrs. E. Prentiss

"She says I shall now have one mouth more to fill and two feet the more to shoe, more disturbed nights, more laborious days, and less leisure or visiting, reading, music and drawing.

Well! This is one side of the story, to be sure, but I look at the other.

Here is a sweet, fragrant mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery. Here is a soul to train for God; and the body in which dwells is worthy of all it will cost, since it is the abode of a kingly tenant. I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all, to whom, while I minister in Christ's name, I make a willing sacrifice of what little leisure for my own recreation my other dear darlings had left me. Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to her time, her strength, her health, her tenderest cares, to her lifelong prayers! Oh, how rich I am, how truly, wondrously blest!"

Thursday, February 21, 2013

You Might Just Need a Good Laugh or Chemobrain....It's Real!!

Sooooo, my valentine birthday girl wanted a sweet, little, kitty for her birthday.   I said not unless it's fixed.  It has it's shots.  It's free, and Daddy says yes.   Well the chances of all of those happening, especially the final option, was slim.   But somehow, her sweet little pleas got through that cat-disliking Daddy's heart, and he caved.   The hunt was on.   First I found on Craigslist 2 sweet 4 month old kitties with all the prior stipulations met.   I called.   They were gone.   Few days later, I found another cat 9 months old, fixed, up on shots.   I text on my 18 year old son's phone to see if it's still available, because mine was dead.  Later that evening we get a text back:  Yes.  I ask where they are located.   Hour or so later:  North Augusta.  By now, Nicholas is tired of trying to figure out these texts between his own, so he adds the number to the phone:  cat lady.   The next text then says:  recently divorced, have to get rid of some things like my cat.  I say "Sorry".   I realize if I was now on my own, I may not want a stranger to come to my home.   So, I suggest a shopping center in North Augusta to meet in the parking lot.   Rusty and I hop in the truck to get our new kitty for our sweet 8 year old, since that is all she wanted for her birthday.  On the way, Nicholas texts me to say the cat lady texted that she was on her way, and was in a green Ford.  

Well, the first thing that threw us off our game was that the cat lady was a man.   He came to the car and handed us this very, large cat and told us his name is Smoky.   I looked at it's face and decided it should be named Mr. Moustachio.   He put everything it owned in the vehicle as we were looking at the unusually, large, sweet kitten.   We asked about shots, and being fixed.   He said, of course.   Then the bomb dropped when he said, "thanks a lot.   It's hard to find a home for a NINE YEAR OLD cat".   Well, now our game is so off, that we both simultaneously say 9 YEARS OLD?   He says, yes, thanks again and drives off.

Sooo yea, I brought home my 8 year old birthday girl a cat that is older than her that happens to only like the boys and quiet.  It only sneaks out from under the bed at night.  Happy Birthday Emily.  By the way you can't name your new kitten, it's had the name Smoky for NINE YEARS.

P.S.  I'll add a picture to the post when it will let me be near it.

  

1 comment:

Nana said...

Oh, Chelle, I really needed a good laugh. I never saw the kitty or heard anymore about the birthday request so thought the required specifications were not met. Maybe he will be a good mouser and get redeemed. I do believe, however, you still owe Miss Emily a birthday present.

My Favorites

Quote from Jim Elliott

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. (His thoughts on Luke 16:9)

music


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com