Quote from "Stepping Heavenward" by Mrs. E. Prentiss

"She says I shall now have one mouth more to fill and two feet the more to shoe, more disturbed nights, more laborious days, and less leisure or visiting, reading, music and drawing.

Well! This is one side of the story, to be sure, but I look at the other.

Here is a sweet, fragrant mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery. Here is a soul to train for God; and the body in which dwells is worthy of all it will cost, since it is the abode of a kingly tenant. I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all, to whom, while I minister in Christ's name, I make a willing sacrifice of what little leisure for my own recreation my other dear darlings had left me. Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to her time, her strength, her health, her tenderest cares, to her lifelong prayers! Oh, how rich I am, how truly, wondrously blest!"

Monday, April 2, 2012

It's All Perspective

The past six months have contained lots of trials and troubles.   I wonder when the Word speaks of Satan walking like a roaring lion seeking whom he may destroy if one of his weapons is discouragement.    Since October:  I was laid off, my cancer was discovered, our roof replaced, our refrigerator had to be replaced....TWICE, house fire from fireworks, children with flu like colds, house taxes due, vehicle tags due, car problems to repair, both lawn mowers and weed eater not working (one lawnmower and weed eater also less than 2 weeks old), two water leaks in yard that had to be found and repaired, dryer died, all of this amidst nearly six weeks of chemo and radiation and homeschooling!    This past Friday, my son was helping by making pumpkin chocolate chip muffins to take on our beach trip, and our oven caught on fire (electrical) and died.   My first reaction was REALLY??   REALLY??   One more thing!   This oven isn't even two years old.  



As we await our tax money to come in to purchase a new stove, dryer and lawn equipment (if my husband cannot repair the stove or lawn equipment), I decided I'd remember this year a different way.   I get more time at home for school and family, was healed from cancer, got a new roof, got a new refrigerator, made repairs on the house, children were healed from awful colds and I didn't get the bug even with a compromised immune system, taxes were paid, tags were purchased, car problems repaired, lawn equipment repaired or purchased, leaks repaired, dryer purchased, and I made it through chemo and radiation pretty doggone well.  It will be like a new me and a new home.   The new me won't be just physical, but definitely mental and spiritual as well.  I refuse to let Satan rob me of my joy, to miss seeing the provisions of God for each trial presented, and to walk in defeat when I am a child of the King.   Therefore, I will hold my head up high even if it's in the middle of a stinky situation, lift my hands and Praise Jesus for He truly has provided all I need every moment in every circumstance.

1 comment:

Belong said...

Michelle,
I knew life for you was rough, but not over the top! You sure hide things well. :} And yes, handle them well, also. I am praying for you this day as you are in surgery and also praising God for the wonderful mercy He has shown your family. He truly is good!-Jenny

My Favorites

Quote from Jim Elliott

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. (His thoughts on Luke 16:9)

music


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com