Quote from "Stepping Heavenward" by Mrs. E. Prentiss

"She says I shall now have one mouth more to fill and two feet the more to shoe, more disturbed nights, more laborious days, and less leisure or visiting, reading, music and drawing.

Well! This is one side of the story, to be sure, but I look at the other.

Here is a sweet, fragrant mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery. Here is a soul to train for God; and the body in which dwells is worthy of all it will cost, since it is the abode of a kingly tenant. I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all, to whom, while I minister in Christ's name, I make a willing sacrifice of what little leisure for my own recreation my other dear darlings had left me. Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to her time, her strength, her health, her tenderest cares, to her lifelong prayers! Oh, how rich I am, how truly, wondrously blest!"

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Letters from My Grandma

Growing up, our family didn't live close to family as my father was military.  One thing we could count on regularly from family was letters from my Grandma.  I ran across a sweet handwritten note in my desk this morning that my grandmother wrote me when I was graduating high school.  Thought it was funny that I ran across this note as I've written so many graduation notes myself this week and my first son is also graduating high school.  She lived to be 93 years old and I would have loved for her to seen more of my children.  When I read this note this morning, it reminded me how much I missed her, her sweet and faithful notes, and her prayers.  Love and miss ya Grandma Williams!


The outside of her card was a little girl blowing daffodils with "happy" writing above her that says, "God love and you and bless you!"

Inside:

My Dear One, 
You did not say where you are going to college or what you are preparing for so you see, you have your "Gramma" wondering!

Wherever you go, whatever tries to "sell" you on the "new morality" - don't believe a word of it.

It is the same old morality that has not changed -- for God gave the directions and "He changeth not."  


Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lea not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways, acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths (Prov.3:5-6).


Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever you do, do all to the glory of God.  I Cor 10:31


(Then she underscored the verse in the card:  "The Lord is thy keeper".  Psalm 121:5)

Take these two verses as a guide to your life and always begin your day for God's guidance in your prayers and you will never  have to look back in regret for God is faithful and He will keep you safe.

I love each one of you very much.  Take this $10 and choose your own graduation gift.  Use it as you need to.

Much love,
Grandmother 

No comments:

My Favorites

Quote from Jim Elliott

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. (His thoughts on Luke 16:9)

music


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com