Quote from "Stepping Heavenward" by Mrs. E. Prentiss

"She says I shall now have one mouth more to fill and two feet the more to shoe, more disturbed nights, more laborious days, and less leisure or visiting, reading, music and drawing.

Well! This is one side of the story, to be sure, but I look at the other.

Here is a sweet, fragrant mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery. Here is a soul to train for God; and the body in which dwells is worthy of all it will cost, since it is the abode of a kingly tenant. I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all, to whom, while I minister in Christ's name, I make a willing sacrifice of what little leisure for my own recreation my other dear darlings had left me. Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to her time, her strength, her health, her tenderest cares, to her lifelong prayers! Oh, how rich I am, how truly, wondrously blest!"

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Our Busy Spring Days

I love spring.  I have to struggle to do school because I want to be outside as much as the children.  In fact we find a million excuses to go out...time to hang out the clothes, picnic lunch, read, P.E. in the garden...the list is endless.


 Spring also reminds me of new life as the bulbs start pushing through in the garden.   Pretty flower heads are peeking out everywhere.  The jasmine is blooming on the fence and the wind carries it's delicious smell throughout the yard.   All these thoughts of new life remind me that for the first time in over 18 years I wasn't pregnant when a baby was 2 year's old and that's kinda sad.  I wonder if I'll ever get used to the fact that my baby season is over.  Don't get me wrong; I LOVE the grand babies too.  As sick as I got and as bad as the deliveries could be, I really love being pregnant.  I love new baby stretches.  I love nursing and carrying my baby around everywhere.  I just love everything about the blessings of children.  I love seeing them grow and their personalities develop.  I love seeing how God works in their lives.  It's the hardest job in the world but I have loved it!   As I go through the "attic clothes" to switch out from winter to summer, it's a new thing to get rid of the youngest boy's and girl's clothes.    I believe that going through infertility for over 5 years and losing 5 babies has made me appreciate the blessings of life even more.  As heavy as my heart is, I'm purposing not to despair but rejoice over the 8 blessings I have and enjoy the season I'm in.  My plate is so full with many responsibilities now that I'm far from bored.  Praying the season will allow me to spend more time in prayer and in His Word since I'm not pregnant or nursing for the first time in many, many years and that does excite me.  

Thank you again Lord for the many, many, many blessings You have given me.  Thank You for this new season and may Your Spirit breathe fresh and anew in my family's home just as the sweet smell of jasmine blows.  ~Amen 

1 comment:

Peg T. said...

You have been a real blessing and I know God is blessing you with all the children he has given you. I love you and thank you for these great kids. Peg T.

My Favorites

Quote from Jim Elliott

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. (His thoughts on Luke 16:9)

music


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com